Revision date of 17th September 2019 (Effective Date) includes updates for the following;
- Inclusion of our IAB member status and Google Channel partner status
Please read this document carefully before you start to use ContentIgnite.com or any other of our websites, whether as a guest or a registered user.
All visitors to the site will see our Privacy & Cookie Consent Notification Alert. This states that by our sites, you indicate that you accept this policy.
If you do not agree, please refrain from using our sites or alternatively you can browse our websites utilising “Do Not Track” more information can be found here
- “Controller”, “Processor”, “Data Subject”, “Personal Data”, “Processing” (and “Process”) and “Special Categories Of Personal Data” shall have the meaning given in the applicable Privacy Laws.
- “EU Data Protection Law” post the 25th May means “REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL” http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=EN
- “Privacy Laws” means all applicable federal, state and internation laws, rules, regulations, self-regulatory guidelines and prevailing industry standards that govern the activities of Think Clever Media Limited
Information About Us
Our sites are operated by Think Clever Media Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales with company.
For the purpose of this agreement we are the data Controller.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you in the ways described below:
- By collecting and processing information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites. This includes information provided:
- at the time of registering to use our sites;
- when subscribing to our service;
- posting material, answering questions or uploading information;
- entering a competition or promotion sponsored by us;
- you report a problem with our sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of the relevant communications.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- By collecting and processing details of your visits to our sites or transactions you carry out through our sites including when viewing or buying a product or service from any business listed on our sites;
- By collecting and processing details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
Collection of Information and Cookies
We may obtain information about your computer, system and general internet usage by using a cookie and/or web beacon file or similar technology which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. These contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies (and similar technologies) help us to improve our sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our sites according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our sites.
- To increase the relevance of online advertisements to you.
- To report information to our advertisers, such as the effectiveness of a campaign.
- To improve the administration and operation of our sites.
Examples of information that might be collected include information about your computer and system, your IP address, operating system, Internet Service Provider (ISP), pages viewed and linked from, browsing and usage habits, search terms, domain name, times and dates of visits and browser type, interactions with advertisements
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to monitor your compliance with your obligations.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To assist us provide a service adapted to your interests such as notifying you of specific content and special offers including by serving web content to you or enabling third parties to serve web content to you.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To compile reports, surveys, graphs and statistical information based on averages
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. Where you have indicated your consent, we or they may also contact you by SMS or email.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 900 women aged over 40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in Hampshire). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means any of our subsidiaries or our holding companies, and any subsidiaries of those holding companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Content Ignite® or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply this policy or our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where the information is required by our sub-contractors and suppliers for the purpose of providing services to us.
If you post information on any area of our sites that is accessible by the general public or by selected contacts, you are solely responsible for any such information disclosed. You must not disclose personal information concerning any other person without their clear consent.
Examples of the Type of Information That Might be Held
The type of information we hold about you will depend on what information you provide to us and what options or preferences you select when using our sites. In particular, we collect all the data necessary to support the functionality described on our sites. Information may include (but might not be limited to):
Contact and personal information (such as your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, Content Ignite® user id and password); email and social networking information (you may choose to provide us with information on your email accounts and social networking sites used by you such as such as facebook, myspace, twitter and linkedin in which case we may access these servers or sites and data held may include information such as passwords, account name and login details, email server address and port number, server login, server password, access method (whether a pop or imap or web account), to and from and subject line of messages, access tokens (authentication keys generated by each site to allow us to post data on behalf of the user), location, hometown, language, number of waiting messages or notifications or requests, rss feed addresses, posts on blogs, forums and chat rooms, instant messenger details and entries, requests, notifications, media and information posted such as photos, videos, likes and dislikes, favourite movies, etc., information on friends and contacts); details relating to websites you visit (such as inputs, clicks and mouse movements, times of access, website location, website content, whether the link to our sites was organic or paid, search engine keywords, host name, data to track cookie enabled browsers through the site, URLs, any passwords to sites you have chosen to generate and/or save through our sites); details of your PC settings (such as web browser and version, operating system used, ip address, browser internal preferences and settings, screen resolution, whether cookies are enabled, whether particular plugins are enabled); autofill information to assist you completing forms (including information referred to above and any other information you enter on website forms such as addresses, phone numbers, email and website addresses, financial information such as credit card number, credit card holder name, credit card expiry from and to dates, credit card csv number (for security the csv is only saved locally on the user’s computer), the content of website pages accessed by the you (to scan for forms to fill in), data entered onto website forms by you); information to help us provide best price information to you (such as previous best price suggestions, best prices clicked by you, search engines used and preferred by you, data entered into the Content Ignite® and search engine search fields in the relevant toolbar); purchase information from a third party merchant where you have made purchases following a visit to our sites (such as basket total, delivery total, item Id, item title, quantity and price).
Your Rights & Access to Information
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
Content Ignite is a member of IAB UK (Internet Advertising Bureau). In addition, we are recognised as an official vendor on the IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework. This allows us to appear in third party Consent Management Platforms (CMPs) and abide by GDPR regulations.
Content Ignite is also an official Google Channel Partner.
Changes to this Policy
We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page. We will always have the Privacy and Cookie Consent Notifications on our website therefore you are expected to check this page to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you. By continuing to access our sites after changes have been published, you are consenting to these changes. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others, such as our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We endeavour to comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising as published by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB).
If you are a Publisher or White Label customer please make yourselves aware of the Data Processing Agreement here.
which includes further details on our data policies when using our advertising service.
For more information please visit our GDPR Centre that contains more information on Privacy related topics that may supersede this policy.